Friday, June 1, 2012

We're here!

Greetings from the Africa Mercy!  Matt and I arrived on board shortly after 10:00 p.m. last night - Lome time.  Everything went well during our journey - just long and tiring - until we hit customs in Lome.  They wouldn't let Matt and I go through customs together, yet he didn't have the paperwork they wanted because all of our paperwork listed us together - me first, and Matt as my minor son traveling with me.  But he doesn't look like a minor (he's only 5'11"!); therefore, he should have had his own paperwork.  With my lacking French and the officer's lacking English, we finally got a second customs officer who let us through, where we found our luggage, met our boss, traveled to the ship, got signed in, had dinner, found our cabin and unpacked.  We finally went to bed at 12:30 a.m. - which would have been 7:30 p.m. in the states - so I think we did pretty well!  Thanks for praying us through!

No comments:

Post a Comment