Sunday, June 10, 2012

Congratulations, Micah!

I just opened an e-mail from home and found out that while we were sleeping last night, Micah's soccer team won their tournament yesterday!  Congratulations!  Way to go, Micah and team!  

While they were playing soccer last night (here, afternoon there), I had an Australian mum come down and show me what I needed to do in order to prepare for the sail.  Who knew that there was a large hollow space under our loveseat and I could store stuff there?  I also need to find some ticky tac/sticky tac/blue tac and tac things down - our alarm clock, the kleenex box, our hand soap - maybe even our rubbish bin.  Dishes must be moved, food stored differently.  The "locks" - "U" shaped hooks - for our cabinets are missing.  I need to find some of those and then find a way to make sure our fridge door stays shut and take things off the walls.  

After my lesson on "how to secure the cabin", I went up to Deck 6 and provided a lesson on how to straighten hair.  Zodi is 10 and adopted from Ethiopia and she wanted straight hair.  Her mom washed it and dried it and we went to work.  The look on her dad's face when he saw his little girl with straight hair for the first time in his life was unbelievably precious.  I left before Lisa finished the job - she was an easy trainee - and I heard this morning at breakfast that Zodi looks great!   

No comments:

Post a Comment