Thursday, June 9, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

Today, I'm thankful for the third grader on the playground.  She was often found wandering alone, not quite fitting in anywhere, so I'd take a minute or two to talk with her, about her swimming and taekwando and her little sister and her grandma.  Today, she came running up to me with a card and said, "Don't open it until you go home."  So I thanked her for it, gave her a hug good-bye, and opened the card when I got home.  It had a note from both her and her mother, sharing that I was her very favorite teacher at OHE and thanking me for talking with her at recess.  It also had a very generous gift card.  Just being Jesus with skin on . . .

Today, I'm thankful for two different fifth grade boys.  One I helped with math.  We talked earlier this week about our favorite Jolly Rancher flavors.  Mine were watermelon and green apple.  He met me when I came outside for recess today and said, "I've got something for you."  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of Jolly Ranchers, all watermelon or green apple flavored.  I thanked him with a smile on my face.  Just being Jesus with skin on . . . 

The other boy I helped with math and reading WHENEVER he was in school.  I also told him every day he attended school, how nice it was to see him and how much I wished he would come EVERY day.  He reached into his backpack and gave me a felt bookmark that his mom made.  It was beautiful.  What a sweet gift!  Just being Jesus with skin on . . .     

Today I'm thankful for Jen and Stacy, fellow tutors who picked me up on the way to the end of the year staff party.  It was so nice to get some extra social time without any children interrupting us!  

Today I'm also thankful that it was the LAST.DAY.OF.SCHOOL.  I love my job, but I'm looking forward to SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment