Saturday, June 25, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful Thursday didn't happen until Friday of this week.  Sam and I have spent most of our waking hours Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday out in the back yard mulching.  Back when Sam worked as a landscaper, long before I ever met him, he was told that your mulch lasts much longer if you turn it over every year and pick out the things that don't belong in it - dried leaves, sticks, weeds, deer poop, dead frogs . . . you know, just the basic non-mulch items.

So this week, we turned over the mulch . . . and I am ever so thankful to say that by noon on Friday, we were DONE!  

The back yard now looks pretty fantastic, but you know that's a job that never ends!  Especially when I stopped by Neighbor Nancy's house this afternoon and she said, "Would you like some astilbe?  It's white." 

A project for next week . . . and I know just where it'll go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment