Thursday, June 2, 2022

I Should Wear Duct Tape!

Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m., I received an e-mail from our principal, offering me one of our two 5 hour tutor positions, but it was a busy morning and I didn't respond.

He was waiting for me when I went outside for fifth grade recess:

"Did you get my e-mail this morning?"

"I saw you sent one, but I decided to get groceries rather than read e-mails."

"I want to offer you a five hour tutor position."

"Excellent.  I accept, but you know what I really want to say?"

I got a questioning look, so I proceeded.  "Eastview (the other location I was willing to go to) is only a mile from my house and with the price of gas it would be much closer to work, plus I've probably volunteered more hours at Eastview than I've worked at OHE (Matt went to Eastview K-4 and Micah K-1), so I wouldn't get lost there (the buildings are the same exact layout, but flip-flopped), and I know most of the staff, plus Kim Ritchie is still the school nurse!"  He is now looking at me with a totally shocked/surprised look. "But I accept.  I want to work at OHE."

Now, if I could just keep my mouth shut, that would be good, but I had to say, "You just wanted to beat Tabor (the Eastview principal) to the punch!"  To which he laughed and I FINALLY shut up! 

And I now have a 5 hour/day tutor position rather than 4.75. 

No comments:

Post a Comment