Monday, April 4, 2022

That's Fine, Dad!


My Dad will be celebrating his 90th birthday on April 16th!
 
Way back at Christmas, we asked Dad if he wanted to do anything special to celebrate and he said, "No, I'd just like to see my family."
 
When we were home in March, we asked Dad again if he'd like to do anything special to celebrate and we got the same answer, "No, I'd just like to see my family".
 
We saw Dad this weekend and, boy, has our family grown!
 
"You know, do you think we could invite your aunts and uncles to join us for cake on my birthday?"
 
"That's fine, Dad."
 
"I was thinking I might like to invite a couple of the neighbors over for cake, too." 

"That's fine, Dad."

"And maybe a couple of people from church, too."

My sister freaked out when I called her yesterday.  I just added chocolate chip cookies to the food we're bringing down . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment