Sunday, April 17, 2022

Highlights of a Birthday Celebration!

To say that Dad's 90th birthday party went so extremely well would be the truth.  Here's some fun facts to support that statement:

  • My brother-in-law, Ray, took Friday off and basically made Saturday's lunch for the rest of us!  It was excellent!  Thank you, Ray!
  • Micah, of course, baked all the goodies and loved serving them to everyone who showed up.
  • Everyone Dad invited came - forty-five people!  He was exhausted, but content when the party ended.
  • My favorite aunt was there and it was a delight to catch up with her.
  • My favorite cousins showed up ("Reimersville" - inside joke) and we laughed so hard!  I think Danny said it best when he said, "It's so nice to get together for a good reason!" (i.e. not a funeral).
  • Dad's next door neighbors "snuck" in the back door because it was closer to their house!  And they brought cookies!
  • Mathew (One T - my niece's husband) and Matthew (Two-T - my son) worked hard, although I'm not sure they appreciated their new nick names!
  • My niece, Kayla, showed up with her entire family in tow - including her eight day old daughter, Addyson Rae - along with her brother, Michael, and his family.  We were so glad they came.
  • Dad had one blood relative show up - the principal from Fulda, MN.  Mike's grandfather and Dad's grandfather were brothers, but Mike is my age.  His grandfather was obviously the younger brother.  Mike and Sam hit it off as they talked about education with retired teacher, Lesleigh.
  • Ray's ice house heater warmed the garage to a comfortable temp and Sam and Nancy figured out how to use the borrowed coffee pot.  All went well . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment