Friday, April 29, 2022

Teaching "Ignite!"

My position is such that I rarely see the Ignite! students at OHE.  I'm generally with the students that need additional assistance.  What is an Ignite! student you ask?  Pulled right off the web page:  "Ignite! is a unique full-time gifted program that combines a challenging core curriculum with flexible choice offerings to provide highly gifted children the opportunity to ignite their passion for learning."  And today, I got to teach fifth grade Ignite!

Their teacher was absent, there were no subs left in the building/district, my supervisor had an IEP meeting that she couldn't miss and that left me!  I spent an hour in their room, overseeing them working on their special end-of-the-year projects and then doing their "read aloud" story.  I had a blast!  I knew that M.Ed. would come in handy one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment