Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Banana Bread

At Monday's lunch, one of the third grade girls asked me if I liked banana bread.  She was going to make some with her mom after school and if I liked it, she would bring me a loaf.  Of course, I like banana bread!  So I told her if you have enough, I would love a loaf!

Yesterday at lunch, she pulled out of her pocket a very cute, small loaf of banana bread (think the size of two muffins) for which I thanked her profusely because, due to MCA testing, I didn't get to have lunch at my normal 11:00 a.m. time, but I had to wait until 1:10 p.m. to eat.

As I walked outside for recess, into the mass of fifth graders who still had to wait ten minutes to eat, I took my first bite of banana bread.  It had chocolate chips in it!  The cry of fifth grade became, "Mrs. Zupke, will you share your banana bread?"  "No."  "But we're hungry."  "No."

It was delicious and I felt no guilt!  

No comments:

Post a Comment