Thursday, March 24, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

Today I'm thankful for a couple of different, but related, things.  Here they are:

  • I am thankful for Sam's co-teacher, Barb, who, when I told her today was "Dress Like Your Favorite Storybook Character Day", came up with all sorts of wonderful ideas for me!  My favorite idea came from the book, "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" by Laura Numeroff.  Barb said she'd lend me her stuffed moose.  I needed to add an apron, the book and a muffin tin.  Cheesy peasy easy!  Never mind that the apron said, "Do not disturb.  Chocolate fantasy in progress" which the teachers' absolutely loved and the students totally did not get!
  • I am thankful for the second grade student who asked me if I would read my book to all the second graders during lunch, which I did!  There were at least seventy-five students listening to me while eating.  And they gave me a round of applause when I was done!  What I didn't realize was that the cooks were listening to me, too!  And they asked me if I'd be willing to read my book again to the third graders.  Of course the third grade students wanted to be read to during lunch, over one-hundred of them!  And I got another round of applause . . .  It made the day fun, and it kept the lunchroom quiet
  • Lastly, I'm thankful for everyone who participated!  It was so fun to hear who the students were dressed up as.  Their creativity knew no limit!  My favorites had to be the fifth grade dinosaur (I have no idea what book, but it was a delightful tail!), Miss Viola Swamp (the meanest substitute in the whole wide world!), and Charlotte, who wore a real "Charlotte" around her neck while carrying Wilbur, the pig.  
  1. Corduroy, our special ed teacher, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment