Saturday, March 19, 2022

Sam's Dad's Memorial Service

Before God turned on the lights this morning, Matt, Micah and I were in the car heading down to Sumner, Iowa, for Sam's Dad's Memorial Service.  Sam had gotten a ride down Friday night with his oldest brother, Mark, so he could help his siblings with the set up.

Three hours in the car were about two hours longer than my bionic knees could take.  Add to that, we were already an hour into the service and it wasn't even half done according to the program.  I told Sam that I needed to go stand in the back or I was never going to walk again.  I was in pain.  

Unfortunately, there really was no place to stand in the back of the auditorium, so I stepped out . . . and into the land of nieces with small children.  I spent the next hour (yup, it was a two HOUR service) enjoying our nieces and their little ones, many of who I had never met (their little ones!) or not seen for at least a couple of years!  In fact, some of the nieces I hadn't seen for YEARS or EVER, in one case.  It was the most delightful time of catching up and rebuilding friendships!  I loved it!  

After the service, we were all asked to come back in for a family picture.  As you can tell by the photo, I had plenty of other family to talk to for the rest of the afternoon!

That's us - front and center!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment