Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Over . . .

Overwhelmed by love?  Overjoyed by what was given?  I'm not sure what is most accurate here, but both were quite true on Monday afternoon . . . 

The two fifth grade teachers I work most closely with had sent me texts that morning, asking me to stop by their rooms before I left school (I only had lunchroom and recess duty on Monday).  I stopped by Julie's room first and she went to her desk to grab a gift bag.

M: "I know that gift bag.  I went shopping there on Friday!"

J:  Smiles.  

Class:  "Mrs. Zupke, will you open it and show it to us?"

M:  "Only if I don't have to share!"

J:  "No sharing . . ."

M:  "This is my most favorite chocolate in the whole world!  Thank you, Ms. Urban."

It was Droolin' Moose Mint Melters - absolutely amazing!

Aimee's class was headed to the library when I came out of Julie's room.  

A:  "You open that gift from me and come into the library and find me."

I opened the gift from Aimee and began to cry.  I cried even more when she told me why.  In fact, we were both in the library crying. 

Last year, one of my earrings from South Africa had fallen out (while removing my face mask) in the school parking lot.  I found it the next morning, crushed.  

Aimee had spent the summer looking for earrings similar to my South African ones and look what she found.  A perfect pair!  In Iowa, of all places!

I am so blessed to work with this two wonderful women and they say how blessed they are to work with me!


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment