Friday, December 31, 2021

CPR, FIrst Aid, and Farewell!

I taught CPR and First Aid this week at ISD 196 for the final time with Pat Bennett, our Aquatics Director, at the healm!  Fortunately, my time there this week was much better than hers!

She met me at the door Wednesday morning saying, "I am so ready to retire!  You won't believe the week I've had!"  She proceeded to tell me everything that had gone wrong - from sick staff to needed Covid tests to finding more certification staff!  I was just happy those were her problems and NOT mine!

My problems were easy - one of my students looked just like my supervisor, Mo, at ISD 194.  I had to work hard to call her "Terri" and not "Mo".  One of the WSA students came up to me crying, "I don't feel well."  "Um . . . call your parent and go home."  Cheesy peasy easy!   

Best wishes in your retirement, Pat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment