Tuesday, March 23, 2021

"What part of 'no' . . . "

". . . don't you understand?"

How I wish I could ask one of our fifth grade classes that question!  I think every recess staff, definitely the female fifth grade teachers (not sure about the male teacher, but hey, these are his kids!) and the principal have reiterated over and over and over again - there is to be nothing from home at outdoor recess!

I caught two fifth grade boys with Pokemon cards today.  They were trying to be super sneaky under the basketball hoop, but that square shape in the sweatshirt pocket was a dead giveaway.  Miles handed me the cards and I went for the big guns.  "You can get them back from Dr. LaBatte (the principal)."

"No, no, no!  We didn't mean to do it!"  

"You know the rules."

"We won't ever do it again."

"That's what you said last time."

They kept singing and dancing.  I only knew one word.  And I must say, Dr. LaBatte looked rather gleeful when he tucked the cards in his suit pocket!  

No comments:

Post a Comment