Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thankful Thursday! It's a Three-fer!

THANKFUL THURSDAY #1:  Without a doubt, this brought the biggest smile to my face today!  I am the parent of a peanut/tree nut free child who spent all of her elementary years and middle school years at the peanut free table, a lot of it alone.  

We have a sweet little first grader at OHE who has been sitting, not just alone at the peanut free table, but alone in his long row of tables, with his class across the room.  Yesterday, I asked that all important questions, "Why can't we move his class over to the row of tables adjacent to the peanut free table so they can all sit together?"  

We moved his class today.  His smile radiated across the lunchroom.  His joy was contagious.  He was so excited to sit with his class!  Even though he remains on the peanut free table, his fellow classmates are now in talking distance.  Glorious!

 

THANKFUL THURSDAY #2:  Sonny Boy came home last night, rather excited.  He was asked at work yesterday to be an assistant manager this summer at Como Park.  That's a two position jump and he said, "Yes!".  He'll be working morning hours with a major pay raise.  I am thankful for this new opportunity he's been given!  

 

THANKFUL THURSDAY #3:  All week long, I've been thankful that I can pray.  

A friend asked me to pray for a family situation, and while it wasn't the outcome I was praying for, she assured me it was the next best choice.  I was grateful I could stand with them.  

One of Sam's MWS coworkers has her four-year old daughter in ICU with (you're going to love this diagnosis!) a "mysterious illness".  I've been praying for that girl since birth and am grateful that I can stand in the gap for her.

Another of Sam's MWS coworkers has a husband fighting his second bout of cancer.  While the prognosis is good regarding survival, he's potentially going to have major bowel and bladder issues.  I'm praying for a miracle.  God doesn't have to do a miracle.  But that's what I'm going to ask Him for.   

Another friend has been quite ill, unable to walk.  We continue to pray for him.  Yesterday's note brought hope.  We pray for healing.

Thankful.  Grateful.  That I can pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment