Monday, March 22, 2021

Earrings and More

You may not know this about me, but I collect earrings from every county I've been in for longer than a layover.  I have none from the Faroe Islands yet - which means maybe I just need to go back there! - but every other country is accounted for.

There are a group of first graders at lunch who are enthralled with my earrings.  They love to ask me every day where they're from.  The look of disappointment on their faces when I have to tell them a pair was made in the good old U.S. of A. is just sweet.

Today, with the U.S.A. earrings, I wore a necklace that was given to me by four girls from Madagascar.  I can not tell you how many first graders, other graders AND staff commented on how pretty my necklace was.  

When I got home, I showed Micah what I had worn today.  Her response:  "Mom, that necklace is so ugly."  I agree with Micah.  But it brought smiles!   

No comments:

Post a Comment