Friday, March 12, 2021

Tresor

 

Young Tresor began to suffer from bilateral cataracts which caused him to struggle with reading, writing, and even walking. 
Diacko, orthopedic patient, walks for the first time with the assistance of Physical Therapist, Allan Kent, and a day crew.

His mother, Larissa, was devastatedthat her son was losing his vision at such a young age.

Tresor’s mother worried for her son, afraid that the cataracts might cause him to struggle his entire life. 

Unable to afford surgery to remove his cataracts, Larissa said she felt paralyzed. “I wondered, will he become a burden? Will he always need to be assisted? It wasn’t easy for me to think of him that way.” 

Thankfully, Larissa found hope after hearing about a hospital ship in her country. Larissa brought Tresor to be examined, and before long, he was boarding the Africa Mercy for pediatric eye surgery. Despite any initial fears, the quick, 20-minute procedure was a success!   

Because of the medical intervention he received at Mercy Ships, 
Tresor could see clearly and was quickly able to jump back to regular life. In just a matter of weeks, he was back in school writing, reading, and playing without anything holding him back. 
“He can write perfectly now. It’s my joy because I want him to be successful and to be able to do better than I did. I want a better life for my child than I had,” Larissa said. “Now, I’m full of joy, and grateful that Mercy Ships came and gave healing to my child. I’m so happy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment