Saturday, March 13, 2021

More CPR!

 For the second Saturday in a row, I taught CPR.  Last week was at the Y, this week at ISD 196 Black Hawk.  Can I just say that I totally enjoyed both classes?

Last week I was able to train in Marissa who had never taught before.  She was a delight to work with.

This week, it was just a fun group of women in three different classes, save one.  

She walked into CPR for the Professional Rescuer and said, "I can't get on the ground."

Me:  "You will need to be on the ground in order to do CPR."

She:  "I have arthritis in my knees."

Me:  "I have knee pads for you to kneel on."

She:  "You don't understand.  My knees hurt."

What I want to say and what I actually said at this point were two totally different things.  With as much grace and tact as I could . . .

Me:  "If you can't get on the ground to do CPR, I can't pass you in this class."

She:  "My husband said you would do accommodations."

Me:  "I wish you would have called our office.  If you can't get on the ground to do CPR, I can't pass you in this class."

She left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment