Sunday, May 24, 2020

Simply WOW!

“And it shall come to pass afterward, 
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; 
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, 
your old men shall dream dreams,
and your young men shall see visions."
Joel 2:8

We are going through some struggles at our house, which many of you know.  Matt is choosing at this time to turn his back on Jesus.  Part of his poor choices include illegal street racing.  Our choice includes letting him live at home where we can be light in his darkness and hopefully one day, help him walk the journey Home.  It's not easy.  Last night was the worst. 

I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me.  Matt was out again and we knew he was at the races.  In between dozing, I prayed.  Last night more than any other night, I prayed for his safety.  I finally fell asleep somewhere around 12:30 a.m. 
The phone call came at 1:30 a.m.

"Dad (smart child knew who to call!), I'm fine.  My car might be totaled.  Can you come to North Memorial and pick me and Sam up?"

He was attempting to make a left hand turn into a parking lot, when another street racer barreled up out of nowhere and illegally passed him on the left.  Matt hit him.  Both he and his passenger, Sam, sustained neck and back injuries and were brought to North Memorial.  The car may be (hopefully!) totaled.

While Sam went to pick them up, I sent Micah a text telling her what happened.  Then I spent another hour or so in prayer before finally falling asleep.  I finally heard them come home around 6:30 a.m.  Sam went to sleep downstairs so he could get some good quality sleep as today was supposed to be report card day.

When I woke up around 8 a.m., Micah came in and said, "That explains it."

"Explains what?" came from my sleep-deprived, fog-brain. 
 
"My dream last night."  

"Talk to me." 
   
"Mom, I kept having the same dream last night.  Matt was racing in his yellow car and there were white angel wings around it."


Matt doesn't know these stories yet.  He will soon.  Until then, we thank God for granting our family mercy last night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment