Sunday, May 10, 2020

An Amazing Story!

Sam received the following Facebook post (including the picture) this week from one of his former students, Stevie:

"I thought I would share with you that I had six pictures survive a massive flood in 2016 (Louisiana), yours included.  It was under water for some time as we were unable to access our house until the water went down.  I was just amazed that all pictures were smudges of ink on mostly white glossy paper, except a few Polaroid's.  

I was a student of yours from the 1997-1998 school year.  I hope you are doing well!  Just thought about you and felt the urge to share.  Thank you for being such a great teacher!  Obviously, one for the keepsake box."

Sam said she was a winner, a student not defined by her home life . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment