Friday, May 22, 2020

An Extrordinary Covid Friday!

The Chiro.
Today started off at the chiro's office.  Micah calls him Dr. F-Bomb because that seems to be his favorite word.  I go to him because he can adjust my neck without freaking me out and I can be light in his darkness.  When today's conversation went to those f***ing Judeo-Christians who think they can go to church . . . I stopped the conversation.  Reminding him that Sam and I go to church, I shared with him from memory the verse we have chosen for this time:

"Obey your leaders and submit to them, 
for they are keeping watch over your souls, 
as those who will have to give an account. 
Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, 
for that would be of no advantage to you."
Hebrews 13:17

Point made.  Not every Christian fanatically believes we must be in church NOW and we both agreed as I left, this is a time for respect.

The Neighborhood Covid Challenge.
As I was leaving his office, I noticed on his desk flower seed packets.  I said, "I read about those.  You're giving them out free.  Mind if I take one?"  He said, "Ummm . . . I was supposed to give them out.  I forgot.  Here, take them all!"

No can do!  But I did take three.  Tron has her packet. Nancy has her packet.  I just planted mine.  We're going to see who can get them to grow!

The Walk.
Micah was coming back from her walk before lunch as Annie and I were just starting out.  I asked her to join us and she did!  First stop, our neighbor's who's son is getting married in two weeks.  Due to Covid it will be an intimate family affair only, but we did get to meet the bride and that made it great day!

Next we ran into Micah's elementary school soccer coach and his wife.  It was an excellent time of catching up and talking and ended with Micah getting a cake order.  Definitely worth the walk!

Yesterday, I learned the names of the four little neighbor girls who live up the street.  Today, they were outside "helping" their dad plant flowers.  Lucky Jake!  He got a break when they asked us if we wanted to see their worm collection!  How do you pass that up?     
      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment