Monday, October 14, 2019

Thankful Thursday - Post Two

As I was talking to my supervisor at the Y last night, her day today sounded absolutely overwhelming.  Far too much too do and far too many hours - from 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. with barely a break to breathe. 

So I said, "Barbara, can I take the fire station off your plate?  I can go there tomorrow night and you can have a break."  She said she would think about it and let me know.  Friends, she didn't need to think long.  I got the text at 7:25 a.m. this morning.

In just a few minutes, I'll be leaving for Burnsville Fire Station One to represent the Y at their "Safety Night".  I am thankful that I can do this for Barbara and I am thankful that God is blessing my time there!  I found out that I'll be working it with my dear friend, AmyJo.  We're kind of hoping no one shows up so we'll have more time to talk.  God is good, all the time.  All the time, God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment