Sunday, October 20, 2019

Only at Sand Creek!

I had an architect from Israel take video of me zipping yesterday.  I was waiting for him to send it to me before I wrote this blog, but alas, it has yet to come so . . .

The fall colors were amazing at Sand Creek and every time slot to zip was packed.  Believe me, as I played "Launch Pad Lucy", sending clients off of each platform, my arms were beyond exhausted!

Just a few highlights . . . 
  • We had a Burnsville fireman zipping with with his eighty-three year old grandma.  It was his station's open house that I worked at for the Y, so yesterday was our second time together in less than two weeks!
  • We had a neighborhood from Shakopee come zipping simply because they all really like each other and like to do fun things together.  They were great!
And one low light . . . 
  • A grandfather had brought his second grade granddaughter to go zipping with a female friend.  When it was the friend's turn to zip, she refused to go.  She took off her stuff and gave it to the grandpa.  Fortunately, it was the right size fit and he zipped down after his granddaughter.  Then said friend came running back up on to the platform with an inside out harness saying she had changed her mind and she was going to zip with them. They had a four year old boy with them.  She was going to leave him up on top (by sheer cliff walls and a drop off) with no adults there.  All staff were out on the course and we don't do babysitting while people zip anyway.  She got mad at me for saying she couldn't zip!  Say, what?  The child was only four!  Some people . . .    

No comments:

Post a Comment