Friday, May 24, 2019

Thankful Thursday Two-fer, Part Two!

I found out at noon yesterday that Kiah was having problems flying back from New York due to bad weather.  I was asked if I would be willing to fill in for her at the Y teaching her Thursday night swim lessons.  I said, "I'm free.  If I'm the last man standing, and you have tried everyone else, I will come."

I got a text at 2:45.  Ana was going to leave her sons' school, teach Kiah's 4:25 lesson and then going back to her sons' school for a special event they were having.  Galen was going to cover Kiah's second class (and then teach his private lesson) and Kiah should be back in time to teach her third and fourth classes.

Who's Ana?  Well, she's the staff who covered ALL my lessons when I had my knee replaced.  And what have I done for her?  Yup.  Nothing. So I sent her text, "You stay with your boys.  I'm going to the Y."

I walked into the office a little after 4 in my slightly soggy swimsuit (from morning lessons).  In synco-triplicate, the three people in the office asked, "Why are you here?"
"I'm Ana filling in for Kiah."
"Joe is filling in for Kiah."
"Ana asked me to so I came in my slightly soggy swimsuit (my whine of the day)."
"Well, you're not needed."
"Okay, I'll leave."
"Wait."  That was the Aquatics Director.  "Could you be me?  I have a new staff training and can't be in here.  You can be the deck manager."
Of course I said, "Yes!" because I got to stay dry and got more pay!  I also got to talk to a lot of friends (from the Y) that I hadn't seen for a long time whose kids were taking lessons . . . on what turned out to be a very thankful Thursday!

And Kiah made it back to the Y safely at 5:30!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment