Friday, May 3, 2019

Only at Sand Creek . . .

I knew something was up at Sand Creek today when I pulled in to find our parking lot filled with men vaping and smoking.  It turns out my group was from the Recovery Academy, a comprehensive, highly individualized recovery program for young adult males who struggle with finding sobriety from drugs and alcohol.

They looked a bit scary initially - after all, they were all bigger than me.  But fun - oh, my goodness yes!  And encouraging to each other!  And hard working!  I thoroughly enjoyed them, even though they taught me a lot of new words!  And they managed to use God's name in vain far too much . . . but I am called to be light in the darkness and to love all God's children . . . 

Today's tip?  They shared their chocolate with me!  All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment