Thursday, May 30, 2019

Only at Sand Creek . . .

I rushed out of the Y and broke more than a few speed limits, arriving at Sand Creek only ten minutes late today where I discovered that our first group of zippers where already there.  Unfortunately, the two other zippers who were to join that group never showed up.  Little did our boss Duane know that Highway 13 was under construction when he had sent the missing couple that way.  They (the missing couple) took their road rage out on Duane and requested a refund so Ethan and I zipped off with two young ladies.  

Laugh with me.  One of the ladies worked for the Allina ambulance system and as she left, she said, "Maybe I'll get to see you all here one day when I'm at work."  We all said, "We hope not!"  After all, ambulances at Sand Creek are NOT what we want.    

Sadly, our high ropes group had also cancelled so the next two hours became an "opportunity to mulch".  Everyone at Sand Creek knows that I don't enjoying mulching because I have enough mulch in my own back yard to keep me happy.  I don't need to mulch at work, too!  My response to the request to mulch?  "How about I redo our price list?"  Approval given.  

I found the chalk, washed the chalkboard and began to re-do our list for the wall.  I was down to the very last item when Anna said, "You're out of room."  She was stating the obvious so I said jokingly, "Want me to erase it and start over?"  She said, "Yes."  And I thought, "Alright!  Saved from mulching."  

Unfortunately, my freedom ended soon and I joined Ethan down on the high ropes course to mulch.  Interestingly enough, we had a lovely discussion while we waited for Anna to bring down skid loads of mulch.  It wasn't so bad.  Forty-five minutes into mulching, our last group arrived and Ethan and I had to go zipping again.

So ended another day at Sand Creek . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment