Sunday, February 17, 2019

"Umm . . . No."

The phone rang at 9:05 a.m. yesterday morning, just as I brought a fork-full of hot scrambled eggs up to my mouth.  It was a name I didn't recognize, but since Micah was having a job interview in a couple of hours, I thought I'd better answer it . . . just in case . . .

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was for me!  It was Noah, the aquatics director at the Y.  His cell phone is under his mom's name, hence my lack of name recognition.

"Margo, you have CPR class this morning."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do.  You have people here for it."

"I checked with Barbara on Tuesday and the class was never put on Personify.  I was told there was no class and I didn't have to come in."

"Can you make it in?"

"No."  

"No" because I was in my pajamas, looking forward to eating my now cooling eggs and I had promised Micah I would straighten her hair after she washed it so she would look good for her job interview that afternoon.

"No" because when the links are sent out for the CPR classes, I have been asking Noah to include me in the links - please check the box marked "instructor notification."  He doesn't want to do that.  Everyone else in the world for the past eleven years has done it for me, but he doesn't want to.  Had he done it, I would have known there was a class yesterday regardless of what Barbara had said and I would shown up to teach it because I would have had a list of students in my in-box.

But I guess this is a discussion for Noah and I on Tuesday, the next day I work. Maybe I'll get what I want now - simple notification.  Meanwhile, Micah's hair looked great and she thought the job interview went well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment