Sunday, February 10, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

I'll have to say, this week just wasn't "Thankful Thursday", but we're going all out for - "what a thankful week!"

Heading back to Tuesday, when the snow began to fall and didn't bother to stop, we had a total of twelve children show up for swimming lessons at the Y that evening instead of the usual forty to fifty.  It was lovely.  I had several good one-on-one parent discussions.  For those, I was thankful.

Wednesday, Micah and I volunteered at Feed My Starving Children's South Metro Manna Pack held at Berean.  For a greater part of five hours, we put labels on bags, bored beyond tears.  But the one time I went to the snack room, the woman making supper for the FMSC staff, pulled a container of HOT spaghetti sauce out of the oven, spilling quite a bit on herself.  I'm thankful I was there to help "cool the burn".

Thursday, one could only be thankful for the sweetest kids in swimming lessons.  I'm glad they were mine!

Friday's thankfulness?  Read on . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment