Sunday, February 10, 2019

"Anything you can bake, I can bake better . . . "

This all began three weeks ago Friday . . . 

When Katie and Hannah brought ginger snap cookies to me at their 11:10 swim lesson.  Right after their lesson, I had Riley, one of the dad's, in a CPR class.  

I asked Riley as I was eating one of my ginger snaps, "How come you've never made me cookies?"

He replied, "You don't have my kid."

Well, he's right.  I am not his son's current teacher, but I did have his older son a few years back.  Bless his co-workers who began team harassment all through CPR, "encouraging" Riley to bring me cookies! 

So two weeks ago, Riley came through with Scottish shortbread cookies for Kate and I - and I let his co-workers know two things:  Riley brought cookies and they were good!

This week, Hannah and Katie brought scotcheroos - delicious!  But the best part had to be when their mom turned to Riley and said, "So can you top this next week?" 

Kate had already left and I was just walking out the door, when Riley, with a thoughtful expression on his face, said, "Do you like pumpkin?"

Stayed tuned . . . as the bake-off continues!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment