Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Wildest Ocean





We sang this last night during worship and one of the lines drew me in, "Your love is like the wildest ocean, nothing else compares."  

And I thought, "Wow, how can that be?"  Have they never been on a ship, preferably the Africa Mercy, during a storm, where you rock and roll and toss the cookies, then rock and roll some more?  Where walking down the hallway is a near impossibility?  And eating lunch a challenge?  It's downright frightening and scary!  Maybe that's how God's love is to those who don't know Him.  It is frightening and scary.  To those who do, it's beyond comprehension, overwhelming, overflowing, never-ending . . . rather like a sail on the good ship Mercy!  

I also thought of how I love the wildest ocean when I am safely sheltered on the beach - to see the waves roll and crash, hear the rumbles, see the splash!  Maybe that's it - I am sheltered by the love of the Most High while in the wildest ocean!   

No comments:

Post a Comment