Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

Some Thursdays are far more thankful than others!  Today was one of them . . . 
. . . In my haste to get to the pool before the crowds arrived this morning, I missed putting my contact in my left eye - quite the easy miss at 6 a.m.  I couldn't find it anywhere, so I tossed in a new one, not sure if I had one or two contacts in my eye!  I was thankful for the text from Sam telling me he had found my contact.  Unfortunately, he did nothing to rehydrate it . . . 

. . . The pool was empty.  I had the most wonderful final early morning swim before I return to my regular hours next week - swimming just before lessons.  I was thankful for how lovely it was . . . 

. . . The glass I broke this morning caused damage only to the glass.  I laughed - thankfully - because it was a year ago that I got six stitches in my leg when I broke a plate . . .

. . . but I am most thankful that after my long walk with Annie at lunch in 0*F weather no less, I was able to get back into the house!  The keypad to our garage down only lets us shut the door, it no longer works to open it.  We're not sure why, but whatever "repairs" Sam has tried have not worked.  Unfortunately, I forgot to unlock the side garage door so I could get back in.  We were slightly numb when I figured that out - but I knew where our spare key was hidden!  I grabbed it, only to discover I couldn't open the key case.  Off to see my seventy-some-year-old neighbor Bernice who went after the case with a screwdriver, successfully opening it and getting my key out!  The poor dog's teeth were chattering so bad by the time I got her in, but I was ever thankful to be IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment