Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

I just got out of the shower at the Y today, and my friend, Mary, came up to me and said, "I've been looking for you!  Do you remember when I put lotion on your back a couple of weeks ago?  Today is my turn!"

Tell you what - dry skin is the number one locker room complaint at the Y and having Mary put lotion on my back two weeks was absolutely wonderful!  We're not sure if it's the chlorine or the weather or a combination of both.  So I put lotion on her back and she put lotion on my back and then she turned to the eighty-something year old lady who was standing between us and said, "Can I put lotion on your back?"  The smile and just happy "yes!"  made it all worth it.

So today I am thankful for friends who put lotion on my back so that my first words to my daughter and husband when they get home are NOT, "Will you scratch my back?"

No comments:

Post a Comment