Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

"Thankful Thursday!" is coming a day early this week.  I generally always usually call my dad every Wednesday morning, but today his line was busy.  All seven times I tried to call it in an hour and a half!  The line was busy.  So I decided since it was close to 11:30 a.m., I'd walk Annie instead.

We headed north.  About five houses past ours, I heard what sounded like a crash, but I didn't think anything of it.  We're always hearing noises from Kenrick Avenue and I figured that's what it was.  Annie and I kept walking and right in front of K and C's house, I heard an owl.  "Hoo, hoo, hoo."  I thought, "How strange that an owl would be out this time of the day" and prepared to walk on.  But then I noticed a ladder on the side of the house, I remembered hearing the crash and I thought, "I need to check this out."  

We walked up the driveway and discovered K face down in a pool of blood, making that "Hoo, hoo, hoo" sound.  Praise God he was alive!  I rang the door bell and C, a nurse, came out.  I stayed with them until 911 arrived and now I'm (not so patiently) waiting to hear how K is.  My guess is a concussion, some stitches in the gash above his eye, with possibly broken ribs and a broken nose. 

Like I told Dad, I am thankful his line was busy this morning and that we were walking when we did.  C never heard the fall.  Thank you, Jesus, for nudging us to stop.      

No comments:

Post a Comment