Sunday, November 20, 2016

YMCA Swimming Instructor V6

That, my friends, is the name of the course I took at the Burnsville Y this weekend in order to keep my job as a swimming instructor there.  Class was scheduled from 1-5 p.m. yesterday and 9 a.m -2 p.m. today.  When we stopped at 4:30 p.m. last night we were all thinking, "Yes, we'll be done early today, too!"  We were pumped!

We started in the pool right away this morning and we watched the hours tick by, soggy, wrinkled and beginning to chill - without a break.  Finally, around 1:30 p.m. we finished our in water component and got ready to review for the written test.  At 2:20 p.m., I walked out of there with my V6 certification and the knowledge that the Vikings were ahead.  And did I mention - exhausted beyond all belief?   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment