Saturday, November 19, 2016

I know you!

Meanwhile, I was sitting in the Y Swim Instructor Class V6 when we heard the alarm go off.  Since the Midway Y Aquatics Director and our Assistant Aquatics Director and one of our lead staff were in the class, class was temporarily suspended.

I went out to see what the commotion was and a little girl I later found out was in kindergarten, pulled on my shirt and asked me, "What happened?"  I explained to her that someone had gotten hurt by the pool, but if she looked, she could see that we had a lot of people in there to help him out.

That's when her mother turned to me and said, "I know you!  You were my teacher!"  And you know what, she was right!  The Molly I knew was a second grader at Washburn and she had a sister Maggie in kindergarten.  Seriously, that had to have been when Sam and I were first married, so almost twenty years ago.  And now she's the mother of three . . . Only at the Y! 

No comments:

Post a Comment