Sunday, November 13, 2016

Of course!

Off course is more like it!  I arrived at the Y yesterday morning to teach a full CPR-PR class only to find out that my room had been absconded by Youth Sports for team pictures.  Not only that, but Youth Sports had taken both gyms.  All the classrooms upstairs had classes in them.  And we no longer had an MOD (Manager on Duty) to make an executive decision for me.  

So Shalom from the front desk did it - peacefully!  She told Youth Sports they could split the large gym in half and have their two gyms.  I was teaching CPR in the small gym.  Problem one solved.

Things went totally great in class - they were an excellent group - until we finished.  Everything I needed to clean the manikins was MISSING!  On the one day that I had hoped to get out of there early because I was going to do team building for Micah's youth group that afternoon, I had no cleaning supplies PERIOD. 

The second aquatics staff I talked to told me our supplies had been borrowed by another department, but she was pretty sure we were out of bleach.  She helped me "take" a bottle from the custodians.  Yup, you could say we stole it because we did not ask anyone if we could have it even though it was in the aquatics area!  And I did find the rest of our stuff in the kitchen - where I never would have looked!  Problem two solved.

I had really hoped to be home by noon and it was now 12:15.  The cleaning was done, the manikins and supplies were back in the closet and I was going to the aquatics office to finish my paperwork.  

Danae was in there and after a few minutes she asked me how soon I would be leaving.  I told her I was hoping to gone in ten minutes.  She said she was done for the day and she wondered if she could get a ride home.  She is a new staff who is going on her third month at the Y and I had heard her car had died a few weeks back.  You know what I said - "Of course."  Problem three solved.  Because you never know when you just might get to be Jesus with skin on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment