Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thankful Thursday!

There is so much to be thankful for but I'm going to limit my thankfulness to just three things today:
  • My sophomore year of high school, our football team won on Friday, October 13th - ending our dubious record of the longest football losing streak in the State of Iowa.  Today, I am thankful that that same high school played in the Iowa Eight-Man State Football Championship.  Unfortunately, we didn't win, but we've come a long way in such a short amount of time!
  • I am thankful for my girlfriend who shared the right perspective yesterday.  She's had to put her mother in assisted-living; her oldest son is struggling with his college courses and her youngest is struggling with mental health issues.  Yet, she said, "Other people at work have it so much worse.  They're struggling with cancer . . . "
  • And last, but not least, I am thankful for man's best friend who totally licked up the entire glass of milk I spilled on the kitchen floor last night - happily!  I didn't want to deal with it and Annie took care of it.  Of course, I did mop it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment