Friday, January 15, 2016

The Amaryllis . . .

There's a man in my home town they call the "Amaryllis Man."  If anyone has a question about an amaryllis plant, he has the answer!  He's been raising them since 1978.  We just call him "Dad" or "Grandpa", depending on who's calling him!

There's a man in my house we call the "Amaryllis Killer".  He has taken out more amaryllis plants than anyone I know. He over waters them, under waters them, or just plain lets them sit in water.  We call him "Dad" or "Sam", depending on who's calling him.

I sent Sam to school today with my last two amaryllis plants from Dad.  He wanted to do a science project with his kids and amaryllis plants are great for that!  You can do estimations, guess-timations, and if you're lucky, germinations.  I'm just hoping they come back alive . . . but in case they don't, I've already checked with Dad.  He has a couple more plants that he could give us for next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment