Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Somaya

From the Mercy Ships Communications Team . . .

Many times Neny’s neighbors told her to get rid of Somaya because she was born with a cleft lip and palate. They frequently  told Neny to just put her in an orphanage, but Neny refused. "She is a  gift from God. Soon I will find a solution to fix her lips and then she will be like everyone else. I was really sad and was praying for a  solution every day.”

Neny was told it would cost US$122 for an operation to fix Somaya’s mouth.  “I earn 3,000 Ariary (less than US $1) a day. From this we must buy food and pay rent. It  would be completely impossible for me to save this money. When I heard  about Mercy Ships on the radio broadcast I knew it was my answer from  God." 

Two year old Somaya was offered reconstructive surgery at no cost to Neny. Now she can eat and speak normally for the very first time. No longer will Somaya have to endure the ridicule from neighbors. Just a few weeks ago, Somaya returned home to celebrate her first Christmas with rose-bud lips and a restored palate!

No comments:

Post a Comment