Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thankful Thursday

It's been almost sixteen hours now and I'm still ever so thankful!  For what you ask?  Healing . . . and the possibility of returning to my tri-focal contacts!  I met with Dr. Les Alsterlund yesterday morning and he ran me through a battery of eye tests and my eyes are doing quite well.  So well, in fact, that he's slowly letting me slip in my favorite contacts (the tri-focals) to see if I can go back to them.  I wore them three hours yesterday and the first two and a half hours were great.  Then I started to get a headache.  So I'm trying them again today for three hours.  The ten minutes I've had them in so far have been just fine.  Later this weekend, when the temps drop, I'm to go to Target or Cub in the tri-focals and see how I do with the fluorescent lights.  If that goes well, I can try them at work on Tuesday.  If I'm fine, I'm good to go.  If things are not fine and the light sensitivity or headaches come back, then I'm so see my eye doctor, Dr. Ben Stout, and see what we can do as far as fitting me with contacts that work for me.  So I'm thankful.  Thankful that i don't have to drive to St. Paul again to see Dr. Alsterlund.  I'm thankful for two glorious months without headaches or light sensitivity.  And I'm thankful that there is the possibility I may get rid of my cheaters once and for all!  To God be the glory!   

No comments:

Post a Comment