Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thankful Thursdays

Knowing thankfulness is an area I need to grow in, I hope to post every Thursday something I am thankful for.  Silly as it may be, I'm thankful I was not Linda (one of my swimming buddies - she shared this with me on Tuesday) the day after Christmas when her real Christmas tree tipped over and fell on the hardwood flooring, smashing all of her ornaments and leaving a big puddle on the floor.  Everyone else was in bed, so she was the lucky winner and she got to deal with the mess.  The saddest part of the whole story?  She had just put her tree up on Christmas Eve because she and her husband had been traveling and she had only put up her favorite ornaments.  Now they were gone, save one that she thought she could still glue together.

So while I'm thankful I was not Linda the day after Christmas, today I am thankful for 
  • a clean house; 
  • relatively warm weather;
  • and the wash machine repairman who is coming tomorrow - for the third time but with the right part this time.  I know it's the right part - it's sitting on the wash machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment