Saturday, January 23, 2016

Only at church . . .

I went to church at Berean tonight simply because I am exhausted and don't want to get up tomorrow morning for any one or any thing.  I need a "stay in bed" day, but I needed church first so off to Berean!  I didn't see anyone I knew there.  I guess that's what happens when you arrive two minutes before the service starts and you grab a seat towards the front!  After a glorious time of praise and worship and an intriguing sermon on Acts 17, I got up to leave and it happened . . . 

"Tap, tap, tap" on the shoulder.  

"Don't you work at the Y?"  I hate that question!  Inevitably there is usually some snarky comment about "I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"  But not tonight . . .

Tonight I met Kari and her husband, Grant.  Kari was in the Water X class this morning as I greeted the Water X instructor.  It turns out Kari and I both know and love Leigh who wasn't the Water X instructor and who doesn't yet love Jesus.  We had a wonderful time of meeting and chatting.  It felt good - just like my bed will soon!  Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment