Thursday, July 8, 2021

Woeful Wednesday . . .

It was an unexpectedly hard day yesterday.  

Micah and I went up to see my friend with early-onset Alzheimers.  We were excited because the last time we had been up there, my friend and I had decided that we were going to try to jump on to the big pink flamingo floating in the pool from the pool deck - without falling in!  I brought my swimsuit, Micah was ready with the camera and my friend said, "Why would you want to do that?"  Maybe because less than a month ago you were as eager to try it as I was . . . sigh.  And now you don't remember.  I did it any way.  It was still so good to spend time together, but it was even more evident that Alzheimers is winning . . .

After we got home, Sam and I went for a walk.  As we walked by our dear friend's house who has a brain tumor, she came out to talk with us.  Her angioplasty that day had not gone as expected and they want to do another one.  It turns out her tumor is totally blocking her artery.  God in His mercy allowed blood vessels to grow in her skull providing blood where her blocked artery could not.  However, that was the way they were going to do surgery - through the skull.  But if that's her blood source to the brain . . . so she needs another, more difficult angioplasty to see if there's a better way to do surgery, that won't do so much damage . . . sigh.

More to pray for.  More to trust God with.  My two dear friends . . .      

No comments:

Post a Comment