Sunday, July 4, 2021

Another Fourth of July story . . .

 

Our dear friend and neighbor, Jana, is having her fourth brain surgery next month. Thanks to all the medications she's on, she's no longer able to take care of what used to be a very large flower garden by her mailbox.  

We've taken care of it the past few years and normally we get to it quite a bit sooner than we did this year.  I guess now that I'm working more hours, I just have less time.

Anyway, we knew Jana wasn't home today so we drove up - remember it was hot out! - to clean out her flower bed.

I had really wanted to get a flag for the bed as it is the Fourth of July today, but I just didn't have time.  God knew what was on my heart, and as we drove from our house to hers - literally just around the corner! - Sam stopped the truck and told me to get out.  There was no one on our street, but there was a flag lying in the middle of it.  We were so excited!  I hopped out, grabbed the flag and our smiles got even wider!  

We had not one, not two, but three flags to put around their mailbox!  Thank you, Jesus!

And . . . Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment