Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Trainee.

I gave blood this morning for the American Red Cross.  Sophia was my intake person.  She got me all set up, then left me lying on the table, saying she would be back in just a couple of minutes as she had to finish up someone else.

Enter the Trainer and the Trainee to take over.  Trainee tried to get my collection bags ready, but there was a knot.  Then there was a mess.  Trainer helped him out.  Trainee tried to mark my vein - the ultimate, perfect, no-way-on-earth-you-could-miss-it vein - and he wasn't sure he had the right one.  He didn't know what to do with the needle after he taped it to my wrist.  He had no idea how much tubing he should have available.  He kept being corrected by Trainer for mistakes being made.  I finally said it out loud.

"I'm a bit apprehensive here."

To which Trainer responded, "I'll be sticking you."  Praise God!  I came out alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment