Tuesday, April 13, 2021

You Won't Believe . . .

. . . What transpired today in public education!

My fellow tutor who shall remain nameless has shared with me that she feels great anxiety with all that is going on in the world - covid, George Floyd, the new shooting in Brooklyn Center - and she just didn't know what to do with it.

The only answer I have, of course, is to give it to Jesus.  Now I don't know where she stands with Jesus, but that's not my problem.  Jesus laid it on my heart to give her my life verse, Isaiah 41:10.  I put it on a magnet, wrapped it up, wrote up a card saying when anxiety begins to get a grip on me, I turn to Isaiah 41:10.  I left it on her desk this morning.

Ten minutes into class this morning, my fellow tutor's out in the hallway gesturing me to come, tears running down her face, so I left.  My teacher saw the urgency in my face and asked me if it was good or bad.  I responded that I'd let her know in a bit.

Oh, my friends, it was good.  Said tutor, with tears of joy running down her face, said that was just what she needed.  She hugged me and thanked me, then hung that goofy magnet up in her space where anyone walking by could see Isaiah 41:10.

Later, back in the classroom, I told my teacher about the anxiety and how I had given her my life verse on a magnet.  My teacher, while standing in front of the class who was supposed to be working, shared her life verse with me and I shared mine with her.  We're talking quoting the Word of God word by word in the classroom!  In the desk closest to us sat a Buddhist student.  May God move in the lives of those we live with!  

"fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  Isaiah 41:10


"I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence does my help come?

My help comes from the Lord,

    who made heaven and earth."

Psalm 121:1

No comments:

Post a Comment