Saturday, April 24, 2021

Precious and Few . . .

Maybe you've heard that Andy Williams song, "Precious and few are the moments we too can share . . ."  That's how I'm feeling about my neighbor Tron.  She's moving tomorrow, albeit literally less than two miles away.  Precious and few are the last few moments we've shared . . .

I was weeding the rock bed last Saturday and she came over to say "goodbye", but not really because she is moving less than two miles away.  She sat down with me and we pulled weeds together.  That time was precious because Tron rarely comes over.  Usually I go see her, even though we love to chat.  Precious . . . 

Today, I stopped by with a plate of chocolate chip cookies from "Uniquely Me Bakery" for those who were helping with the move.  Yup, I forced Micah into some baking last night.  It was another precious time of chatting.  

So even though she'll be less than two miles away, it won't be the same.  The times will remain precious, but they will also be few . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment