Friday, April 2, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

I had lunch with a friend today who reminded me - we have so much to be thankful for.  I mean, yesterday was a pretty nondescript day, with no glaring bouts of thankfulness, until I talked to Jana:

  • I am thankful I could sleep in.  Work resumes on Tuesday and there will be no sleeping in then.
  • The house was cleaned - and remained clean, at least for a few hours!
  • Sam and I got our taxes done!  Always something to be thankful about . . .
  • We were able to work outside together cleaning up the trees that were cut down a few weeks ago - without coats and mittens!
  • I found the best/easiest recipe in the world for hamburgers.  Ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese, beef.  Mix.  Grill.  Enjoy!
  • It was April Fool's Day and no one got me!  
  • My good friend Tim from Sand Creek invited me to his wedding.  That thought alone brings a big smile to my face!  Friends with a major age difference that neither one of us cares about . . . 
It reminds me of a song we used to sing at Open Door, "Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks because He's given us His Son . . ."

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment