Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

This Thursday, my friends, it's going to be a three-fer!  Get ready . . .

ONE  I am thankful for my friend, Cherie, from LeMars, Iowa, who sent me a text last night asking me if I was ever going to post anything on my blog again as it has been a while.  Cherie and I met at church camp when we were in fifth grade and have been friends ever since.  She's the one who cheered me though my first bionic knee because she had gotten one five years earlier.  Why did we ever run track?

TWO  I am thankful for the God-nudge I followed this morning, asking Linda, alias "the Tank", about her husband as I had heard he had cancer.  Friends, I believe she needed someone to talk to and that someone was me!

THREE  As nasty as this sounds, I am thankful for children who don't show up for swimming lessons!  The twins were missing in my first class of five, so I only had three swimmers.  Eddie was home sick for my second lesson - thank you, Kimberly, for keeping him there!  That brought the class size down to two.  Emma's mom had a baby.  A little girl.  So my last class was only two, too.  It was a pleasant day.  We don't make up missed lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment