Monday, August 26, 2019

The Surgeon and The P.T., an Update

Today was my lucky day!  First I got to see my surgeon at 8:50 a.m.  Then my favorite P.T. began torture at 9:20 a.m.  Here are the reports:

The Surgeon
Tad was well pleased!  My x-rays showed everything in alignment.  My kneecap was tracking as it should.  The new implants were doing exactly what they should be doing.  We were off to an awesome start.  

Then he looked at my knee.  I have what he calls two "hot spots", areas that are not healing.  It could be nothing, it could be my internal stitches working their way out, it could be an infection.  We're hoping for the first could be, planning on the second could be and preparing for the third.  Feel free to pray that it is nothing.  Stay tuned . . .   

The P.T.
I love Laura.  She explains things well.  Gives me the truth.  Challenges me.  

Today I flattened my knee to a 1, a stupid lousy one.  I was a six last week.  I need to be a zero.  

Today I bent my knee to 117.  Last week was 120.  

Friends, I'm not happy.  I'm tired.  Tired of not sleeping.  Tired of Melon Knee.  Tired of P.T.  Tired of not getting the results we want.  And that's just on the P.T. side.   Want to go home?  I'm tired of a house that's a mess.  I'm tired of getting groceries.  I'm tired of laundry.  I'm just plain joking tired, but . . .

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:14   

No comments:

Post a Comment